In April 2013, the government announced new funding of £150 million for physical education and sport across all state funded schools. This funding is being jointly provided by the Departments for Education, Health and Culture, Media and Sport, and will see money going directly to primary school headteachers to spend on improving the quality of sport and PE for all their children.
The sport funding can only be spent on sport and PE provision in schools.
At Gillas Lane, the P.E subject leader, head teacher and staff have worked hard to make sure we are using the funding effectively. So far, we have:
• Paid for transport to get children to and from tournaments and competitions.
• Paid for additional sports coaches in school for after school clubs to target children who don’t access sport.
• Provided opportunities for all children to participate in local sports festivals.
• Employed specialist teachers to deliver quality after school sessions to non-participants throughout the year.
• Paid for professional development opportunities for teachers in PE and sport.
• Provided cover to release teachers and teaching assistants for professional development in PE and sport.
• Funded release time and resourcing to develop leadership, subject profile of P.E. and further develop assessment opportunities to contribute to pupils’ achievement.
Sports Premium Action Plan 2018 - 2019
Sports Premium Report 2017 - 2018