Vision and Values
At Gillas Lane, we believe that the starting point for learning is a positive ethos and climate of respect based upon the shared values of the Aim High Trust schools.
Our core vision is a school which provides a safe and nurturing environment that allows all children to succeed and achieve regardless of their background or starting point.
We recognise that our children often have more barriers to overcome than most but we don’t see this as an excuse – we are resolute in finding ways to hurdle these barriers. We expect nothing but the best from the Gillas Lane children as that is what they deserve.
We value and therefore aim to:
- Promote resilience and a determined mind set – we tell our children to never give up
- Create enjoyable and stimulating teaching and learning experiences which develop enquiring minds
- Equip children with the necessary skills to become not only independent but interdependent
- Raise aspirations and broaden horizons ensuring that our children know they are capable of great things – they are always encouraged to aim high
- Build a strong sense of community and belonging
- Support parents to support their children
- Encourage children to be tolerant of other people who may have different religions or life styles
- Ensure that respect is at the heart of the school community
All of this is underpinned with a sense of enthusiasm, fun and a determination to succeed.
Gillas Lane Primary Academy fully subscribes to the Vision and Values of the Aim High Academy Trust as set out in the Strategic Plan