Pupil Premium at Gillas Lane Primary Academy
The Pupil Premium Grant (PPG) is allocated to support children who are currently known to be eligible for free school meals (FSM), or have been over the last 6 years. The purpose of the grant is to raise attainment and remove barriers to learning. The grant is calculated using data from the census taken in January.
How will Ofsted evaluate our use of pupil premium?
- Inspectors are required to consider the impact of the pupil premium
- Inspectors will look at the achievement of pupils eligible for the pupil premium
- Pupils eligible for the pupil premium should be making sustained progress
- School leaders should ensure that the pupil premium is being used effectively
Gillas Lane Primary Academy objectives:
We continue to improve the learning of our pupils by:
- Ensuring teaching and learning remains at least good by developing highly effective teaching and learning strategies
- Embedding curriculum intentions and implementation to ensure all pupils have the knowledge and cultural capital needed in order to succeed
- Raising aspirations whilst developing employability skills for the future using the Positive Footprints programme
- Use our SIMS data analysis tool to ensure robust data analysis and share standards and achievement of specific groups e.g. SEN, disadvantaged, most able, to inform next steps
- Continuing to work closely with parents and carers to promote and reward high levels of attendance and punctuality and commitment to the home reading Everybody Every Night approach
- Develop and deepen our use of tracking progress grids so effective use is being made of formative assessment and target setting, further increasing pupils attainment and achievement
- Review the intent, implementation and impact of the foundation subject curriculum to ensure the Gillas Lane drivers impact on outcomes
- To embed levels of attendance and decrease the levels of persistent absentees
- To improve the emotional wellbeing of targeted children
- Regularly reviewing interventions to ensure impact of targeted support on all pupils including disadvantaged.
- Strengthen links with the Sir Tom Cowie Charitable Trust and other community organisations to give disadvantaged children enrichment opportunities to prepare them for future life.
- Continued nvestment in Forest School to provide curriculum opportunities disadvantaged children do not normally experience
- Use of Kalma Kids and Impact NE sessions to provide one to one sessions and group work to targeted individuals.
- Termly attendance treat to reward 100% attendance.
Number of Pupils and PPG received 2020-2021
Total number of pupils on roll
Total number of pupils eligible for PPG
Amount of PPG received per pupil
Total amount of PPG received
Please see our Pupil Premium Strategy Statement 2020 -2021 below for more detailed information. Further details of the impact of this provision will be made at the end of the academic year.